Technology / iPad workshop ideas for students

Question:

Each semester, we offer "Tech Tuesdays" for our students. These are 20-minute workshops that are designed to support students using technology. We are 1:1 iPad, so workshops refer to workflows on iPad. Our current rotation includes LMS (Canvas) tips and tricks, iPad basics (adding email, airdrop, scanning, etc.), digital notetaking, accessibility, Keynote presentations, Apple Clips, and Pages. I am looking for some fresh workshop ideas we might add to the rotation. Any ideas on topics? We are in higher education but some students come with no iPad experience. Trust me, even primary or secondary topics might be helpful to our students, so please share any ideas!

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on May 07, 2024 in response to carlena

Exploring the camera and Photos app. There is a lot to unpack there and some really fun things you can do.

I also love Freeform and Numbers. When I was completing my doctorate I took a school law class ... put all my notes for the entire semester in Numbers. I still reference that document. Loved the ability to add shapes, text, handwriting, and tables for organizing all the court cases.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on May 07, 2024 in response to carlena

Exploring the camera and Photos app. There is a lot to unpack there and some really fun things you can do.

I also love Freeform and Numbers. When I was completing my doctorate I took a school law class ... put all my notes for the entire semester in Numbers. I still reference that document. Loved the ability to add shapes, text, handwriting, and tables for organizing all the court cases.

Posted on May 08, 2024 in response to THasheider

Great ideas! We did a Freeform session last year and students liked it. I also love the flexibility of Numbers!

Question: Technology / iPad workshop ideas for students

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.