Apple Classroom - requires authorisation each lesson

Question:

Hi all,

We're having a problem at school where suddenly (I think since iOS 16.1) apple classroom is showing all students as offline. I can 'call' them - and then it asks them for permission for me to view their screen etc, but if they reject or ignore the notification then of course it doesn't work. This would be fine if I had to do it once, but I have to do it every lesson.

My school IT team tell me this is a new security 'feature' from apple (about privacy) but it's making apple classroom basically unusable and given that I can't seem to find anyone else online complaining I'm not sure they are totally correct!

In case it's relevant - my school uses Microsoft Teams - I think apple classroom syncs the class lists from there (since our apple logins redirect to the office365 login page).

Any pointers/suggestions, or just knowing other people are having the same issues would be great!

Thanks

Matt

Tagged in: Classroom
There are no replies.
User profile for user: Community Member

Question: Apple Classroom - requires authorisation each lesson

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.