Technology in Teaching and Learning

Question:

Technology is one of part of our daily life. As teachers, we integrate technology in teaching for a variety of reasons.

How much time you do spend applying technology to teaching? Do you think technology should play a big portion in teaching and learning?

Tagged in: Teacher Preparation

Posted on June 16, 2023 in response to ni_stafford

Thanks for the questions! The approach I take for using digital technology is one of focusing on authentic uses in teaching and learning. I think that the Challenge Based Learning Framework explains it nicely:

“Authentic Use of Technology - Technology is used to research, communicate, organize, create, evaluate, document and persuade”.

And in those practices I think technology should play a big role in Teaching and Learning.

Posted on June 17, 2023 in response to ni_stafford

When thinking about technology in teaching & learning, I think it's important to remember that, at one point in history, even pencils were a technological innovation in the classroom :)

It's valuable for us to remember that new technologies are just tools that support the pedagogies we use in our practice, so we have to be intentional about their role in the classroom. I've found Liz Kolb's Triple E Framework helpful in considering whether my uses of technology for teaching & learning are truly supporting engagement and enhancing the learning experience or just acting like an add-on.

Great topic for conversation!

Question: Technology in Teaching and Learning

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.