MDM

Hi,

Just hoping to get some suggestions about which MDM service schools are using for app rollouts etc. We are starting fresh and were paying quite a lot for something that is used maybe twice a year in a primary setting.

Thanks so much,

3 replies

June 22, 2023

Emma -

I'd be happy to chat. I work with schools on iOS and macOS deployment for primary grades regularly. Let me know if you'd like to FaceTime, or ping me via email: mikelawrence@mac.com.

Best -

Mike

June 28, 2023

We use Jamf School and it comes much recommended!

If teacher devices are set up on it as well, there is a ‘Jamf Teacher’ and ‘Jamf Student’ app that has all sorts of nice functionality, as well as an in-house App Store for a curated collection of apps for students to install.

An MDM is a must for a deployment of any sort of size, even just for getting apps installed and any restrictions/settings put in place.

Jamf School has support built into the interface, which is also very handy.

August 02, 2023

Hi Emma!

There are many MDMs out there to choose from. The two on the Apple Education Price List for K12 are Mosyle MDM + Jamf School. Feel free to reach out to your Apple EDU SE to discuss further! You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team.

Best,

Dominique

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.