Technology in Elementary Physical Education classes - looking for ideas

Question:

I've enjoyed reading the few examples for Technology in PE in the forum so far, and they have pushed me to look for options for me to use in my classes. I am looking for more ideas to see what would work in my classes. My issue is that elementary school PE tends to be more basic physical skills fundamental knowledge based in my curriculum. I would like to change things up.

My question is: What have you done with technology in your PE classes?

Posted on June 29, 2023 in response to carl162

Peer teaching cards - Using pages or keynote, take some photo's of exemplar students performing skills and add text boxes for teaching points. Print and laminate. Great support task to enhance interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.

Keynote - Create tasks such as positional play, reinforce rules, principles and procedures and defensive/attacking game strategies. Magic move is a great function to use to create video animation.

Numbers - Create a skills matrix and use conditional highlighting for students to do a skills self-assessment and set goals to improve performance outcomes.

iPad Apps - BAM video delay and other movement analysis apps. Analyse skills/self and peer assessment.

Posted on June 29, 2023 in response to carl162

Pages/iBooks - Create a skills checklist/matrix. Using short video's of exemplar performances, capture basic, intermediate and advanced skills and create a digital resource, supported by teaching points. Great for aesthetic units such as Jump Rope. Students use these skills to create their own creative routine. It lends itself to be a fantastic student-centred led unit and promotes a range of students learning outcomes.

Posted on June 30, 2023 in response to carl162

I love using Keynote as a memory book. I've seen it with a year recap, a progress tool, or even a reference for the student to go back to. Imagine being able to see themselves grow throughout the year in their accomplishments with added video, charts, journaling, etc.

They can then share these in a video format to bring home to their families or turn them into presentations or partners to showcase learning/growth/gaps.

Question: Technology in Elementary Physical Education classes - looking for ideas

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.