One Best Thing

Question:

I am just back from the ADE Institute in Reading, England - an inspiring few days listening to the transformational things ADEs all over the world are doing I might add - and I have been reflecting on what my One Best Thing will be going forward over the next few months.

I have decided to keep things very simple and go back to basics. I am a sports coach in my spare time (Gaelic football) and the best way to ensure success in Gaelic football is to do the simple things effectively.

At my primary school in the Autumn I am going to run a Saturday morning ‘Coaching and Coding Club’ at which children in primary school will come to school, split in two groups and for half of the morning they will take part in Gaelic football training and games and during the other half of the morning they will take part in coding activities using the iPad.

The benefits of this for the children will be that they will develop their physical and mental health by getting more exercise each week and they will develop essential coding and computational thinking skills that will be important for their future careers.

Both are massive passions of mine and I am really looking forward to it.

The Everyone Can Code and GAA logos.

Posted on August 04, 2023 in response to MOKane

Such a good idea to combine your passions for your OBT - and the students will certainly benefit!

Question: One Best Thing

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.