Keynote 13.1 Image Placeholder

Question:

I swear I have done this many times before, but when I am creating a new Keynote Presentation and attempting to add object or images as placeholders (so students can add objects just by clicking the plus button on an image)

On my iPad I used to select the object or image that I wanted to make a placeholder, select the paintbrush -> image -> add placeholder. Now my menu just has two tabs, (it used to have style, image, and arrange) gallery and arrange, there is not even an image tab or anywhere that says placeholder.

I tried to edit on my Macbook and it when I click on Image -> Format -> Advanced -> Define as Media Placeholder is greyed out.

Anyone else run into this issue or know of a solution? My temporary solution was to copy and paste the Placeholder box from an existing Keynote that I built previously.

Posted on August 31, 2023 in response to elementarycomputerscience

Hi Troy - I’m not seeing that issue on my Keynote 13.1 on iPad or iPhone. Have you tried it on other iPads?

Posted on November 03, 2023 in response to elementarycomputerscience

When you do this from editing the slide layout, there should be an option for media placeholder.

Is this working for you yet?

Attachments

Attachments

Question: Keynote 13.1 Image Placeholder

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.