Use the Power of Storytelling to Create Change - Challenge for Change Learning Series

Question:

Stories can make us laugh, help us solve problems, and — more importantly — teach us about ourselves and the world around us. We’ve all heard stories about people who have faced discrimination and inequities based on their race, religion, or socioeconomic status. Sharing these stories can be a powerful tool for activating change. How can we use our stories to create change in our global community? 

Featuring Malala Yousafzai, girls’ education activist, co-founder of Malala Fund, and a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.

To thrive at school or work and to build empathy for others, it’s important that  educators, students, and individuals hear relevant stories that reflect the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and circumstances of the community.

Join the challenge.

To begin the journey of making lasting social change, we’ve created this guide so you can use the power of storytelling to create change and make our world a better place.

Taking Action on Racial Equity and Justice-Discussion Guide
Download the free discussion guide and workbook in the Learning Center.

As you take on the fifth challenge in this series, Use the Power of Storytelling to Create Change, connect with others and share your ideas and reflections in the comment area below.

Use the Power of Storytelling to Create Change banner

Posted on October 04, 2023 in response to community-education-initative

Looking forward to this! Thank you!

Posted on October 05, 2023 in response to cherylD

I am believing always Apple Education will make difference.

Posted on October 05, 2023 in response to community-education-initative

Participation in music programs builds character, creates opportunities, and changes lives. As a musician and a music educator of over twenty years, I have observed the growth and evolution of numerous young students not only as musicians, but also as responsible citizens with integrity, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.

In this new podcast, Music Education Memoirs, I aim to showcase the stories of those who credit their experiences in school music programs as significant in shaping their lives.

An old piano with a music folder that says Music Education Memoirs.
Music Education Memoirs: A Podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/music-education-memoirs/id1708216530

On Episode One, I serve as my first "guest," sharing the story of how music prevented me from being a school dropout and how it has provided numerous opportunities for personal growth, regional and international travel, and has ultimately provided a livelihood for my family. Episode Two will feature a mentor and fellow educator, Bob Priest, as he pays tribute to those music educators who shaped his life.

Episodes will be released biweekly and will be served up as small bites, only 5-10 minutes in duration.

Do you have a story of how music has transformed your life? Could you recommend others to tell their story? Please contact me so that we might consider them as guests.

I hope you enjoy, but ultimately I hope that this podcast can serve as an agent for change, bringing awareness to the value of participation in school music programs.

Posted on October 10, 2023 in response to community-education-initative

So excited about this!! Will be using these resources with our Health and Wellness challenge Film Fest -- its a combination of this years challenge and last years challenge - health and wellness and sharing your story!

Love it!

Here is the link to my original post that explains what we are doing each month -- https://education.apple.com/en/story/250012636

Question: Use the Power of Storytelling to Create Change - Challenge for Change Learning Series

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.