Swift Coding in School

Question:

I have established a Swift Coding Club at my school. The members are from 3rd to 5th grade. We are using the everyone can code curriculum and iPads. The club members are having a great time and it reminds me why I love teaching. I have a couple of student already asking about coming back next year. I was thinking of starting a more advanced coding club then using the exploration and foundations books as well as MacBooks and Xcode. How are those books for learning to code if you’ve gone through the basics?

Tagged in: Swift, Coding, Mac

Posted on November 14, 2023 in response to jeremy

Hey Jeremy, this is awesome to hear that you're having success with the Everyone Can Code books and Swift Playgrounds. As students get more advanced with understanding Swift, the Develop in Swift Explorations book would be a logical next step, as this book dives into Computer Science concepts, and the curriculum is pretty self paced. There's even a Canvas course for teachers with great videos and teaching tips that will help get started: apple.co/developinswiftpl

Question: Swift Coding in School

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.