The AI Conversation!

Question:

As AI expands, the need to use it in the classroom grows. The conversation I am having with admin and teachers is "If AI is the gift of time, what will you do with that time".

What are some ways you are talking about AI with teachers, admin, and curriculum? I would love to know how you are helping people understand the tools and how to remove the fear.

Posted on November 24, 2023 in response to aaron_teach

I am by no means an expert on this — and we are all learning every day — but I do really like the approach you are taking here, Aaron. Focussing on quick wins to remove fear and trepidation about new technologies — especially AI — is always a good approach before introducing complex workflows or ideas. Removing barriers is so key to adoption of any new technology or change initiative, and fear is top of that list. And, anything that gives back educators more time is always win! 🙌

Posted on November 26, 2023 in response to aaron_teach

As with Eoin's comment, I am no expert. But the very fact that you are opening up the possibilities with staff and students is the starting point. I teach senior students and they love debating the ethics of generative AI use. We have spoken about how AI can save time, but work output should still be uniquely their own, or what they intended to say. In other words, to never allow generative AI to remove their personal voice. Here are some guidelines I have used with staff and students. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w024EbDFXcoWpz87Xn_F95b_obg556PF/view?usp=sharing

Question: The AI Conversation!

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.