What is your favorite app?

Question:

If you were stranded on an island, with an iPad of course, and you could only have one app on that iPad, what app would you pick and why?

I am curious about those types of things, and I look forward to discovering new apps.

My app choice would be Keynote. Keynote is such a versatile app. You can present, draw, animate, create, etc... There is just so many possibilities that it is an app I could not live without.

What is yours?

Tagged in: Apps, iPad

Posted on November 29, 2023 in response to bwphillips70

Keynote, probably but Notes comes in a close second. I do a lot of research and Notes is such a great organizer for websites, images, PDFs that I collect. Also love the fact that you can swipe up from the bottom right on an iPad to quickly access notes no matter what app you are in.

I hope there is electricity on that island.😀

Posted on November 30, 2023 in response to cherylD

Cheryl you have a solar panel, but no wifi to download more apps. 😁

I keep forgetting about that shortcut to open notes quickly. I need to use that more, I keep going to the desktop of my iPad, search for Notes, then open it. That shortcut is great, and I just was not using it and forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me.

Posted on November 30, 2023 in response to cherylD

yep, the QuickNote feature is a live saver.

Posted on November 30, 2023 in response to bwphillips70

I'm also on the Keynote team! Keynote is the app that I use (with so much pleasure) on a daily basis. It can almost do anything!

Great question, Brian! If we were only able to select from iWork apps, I would have to choose Numbers.

• 🥥 I would spend all day counting coconuts and cataloguing the different types, shapes, colors in a spreadsheet, using formulas to help me sort and count.
  • 📷 I could take photos of them and label them in a separate sheet.
  • 🎤 I could record the sounds of each coconut when tapped with a stick and archive those sounds on the third sheet.
  • 🎬 I could capture videos of how the coconuts fall and research the height of those trees.
  • 🗺️ I could draw a map of where I would find the best coconuts on the island.
  • 🎨 I could draw my artistic rendition of the coconut and label its parts.

So much is possible in Numbers when you delete the table and start with a blank canvas/sheet.

However, if I really had to choose an app to keep me occupied and fulfilled, I would select GarageBand. I need to have music in my life and GarageBand would enable my creative nature to continue making music. Can you imagine what would be possible using the Sampler with all those coconut sounds, animal noises, and waves crashing on the beach? 🤩

Posted on November 30, 2023 in response to DSorah

Donald,

A musician and you choose Numbers. Wow, the power of Numbers is real.

I love numbers, and use it with formulas and conditional highlighting all the time. But I didn't realize you could also include audio recordings. That going to fun to play around with.

I use Numbers a lot with my students, I have them use it as a project notebook to keep everything together.

Well, I'm going with Notes. I think it is an amazing app with all the drawing tools and such. It's my goto app to write down an idea.

Posted on December 01, 2023 in response to bwphillips70

Love the question, Brian! This Is a tough life decision - but perhaps Keynote might be slightly ahead!! Life sounds relaxing on the island, so I would have a chance to draw, journal and animate!

Posted on December 04, 2023 in response to marymcevb

Yes Mary, I like to pose some thought provoking questions. I guess I'm looking forward to retiring in 5 years. Gotta get some ideas. 😁

Question: What is your favorite app?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.