App design resources for kids

Question:

Good morning everyone!

My coding club is moving into the design phase of app development. I want to know if anyone has any good resources that are appropriate for 3rd to 5th grades. I have shown them some of the Apple Developer design videos from WWDC, but they can be a bit more complex. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted on January 18, 2024 in response to jeremy

I'm going to post resources here as I find them.

THis is a good site for graphic design in general. It includes links to some tools.

graphic-design-for-kids

We all know Canva is a good site to practice UI design and graphic design in general.

wwww.canva.com

I found a youtube video that does a wonderful job explaining the basic "rules" for graphic design.

watch

Posted on February 20, 2024 in response to jeremy

The Design a Simple App Keynote file from the coding resources works great with this grade level -perhaps customizing a bit, but still gets them thinking and planning.

Question: App design resources for kids

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.