Twenty Years On …

What are your memories of education and technology in and around the year 2004?

69 replies

January 25, 2024

IT Suites….

January 25, 2024

… that you had to start up an hour in advance.

January 25, 2024

Teachers at the front, students in lines, Chalk boards the “new Tech” of a white board. Cold classrooms, old buildings.

January 25, 2024

ICT suites-intranets-weekly sessions timetabled- DELL

January 25, 2024

I had to buy a Zip disk for starting college which was replaced by a usb that year

January 25, 2024

Slow Internet and Dial Up

January 25, 2024

I was at university and did not have my own computer… we had to go to a computer lab to check emails / type up reports etc

January 25, 2024

SMART Boards and laptop trolleys…

January 25, 2024

Using a video camera (with tape) to record and analyse swim technique when teaching in Bahrain.playing them back on huge tv on wheels that you wheeled down the corridor.

January 25, 2024

A computer at the back of the class which you got to use once in a blue moon…

January 25, 2024

Big bulky computers

January 25, 2024

My memories of education from 2024 are computer classes in ITC suites once a week with dailup tones to connect to the internet. Education was very much a talk and chalk approach.

January 25, 2024

In 2004 I purchased my first Mac for university—a beautiful IBook.

January 25, 2024

I was working through a career based course. using basic features and visiting the ICT suite in the college in the evenings. Waiting days for replies from tutors via email.

January 25, 2024

Being in the first Year 6 class to get a SMART board!

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.