Jamf Pro Question

Question:

Is there a way to block YouTube on specific devices in Jamf Pro? Out tech department can't figure it out, so I am trying to find answers. I guess they don't like asking for help.

Posted on February 26, 2024 in response to bwphillips70

There is a configuration profile that can be used to turn on on-device filtering, including blacklisting certain sites. This profile could be created to block YouTube and then scoped to the required devices.

Posted on February 28, 2024 in response to bwphillips70

Brian,

I'm not sure if this is an option at all, but could that blocking-action be handled through a web-filtering device instead? I only mention that since there can be some issues with blocking the URL of youtube.com since some sign-ins for Google services will use accounts.youtube.com as well as teachers using content from youtube in their classrooms. We have seen this in our environment and often run into issues when screen time has been setup to block youtube.com; it inadvertently impacts usage of the device in the classroom.

Posted on April 03, 2024 in response to bwphillips70

If you utilise Jamf Safe Internet alongside then yes. You can set up a profile that uses the content/app filtering in JSI and use your groups from Jamf Pro

Posted on April 16, 2024 in response to bwphillips70

Hi Brian,

Be sure to reach out to your aligned Apple Education Systems Engineer as well - you have a dedicated team to help you with all your Apple EDU solutions! You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team. Your Apple SE will have connections with vendors like Jamf to get these questions answered!

Best,

Dominique

Question: Jamf Pro Question

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.