Microscopy Journaling

Question:

My 8th grade students use a very simple Keynote journal template that I created for their microscopy experiences in my class. They capture images with their iPad through the eyepiece.

Title slide for journal with one completed slide showing microscope view of a house fly.

I’m wondering if anyone does something similar and wants to share their templates, ideas, workflow.

I am attaching a student sample for what we do in @lacrossescience

Attachments

Tagged in: Science

Posted on August 28, 2022 in response to Leah

Cool idea - journaling via microscopy!

Posted on December 05, 2022 in response to Leah

Hi Leah! Do you have a specific type of microscope you use that interfaces well with iPad? Thank you for sharing in the Forum!

Posted on December 07, 2022 in response to KyleP-AppleEDU

Hi Kyle!

I actually have such a mix of microscopes that students use. Some are so old school, they are from the 80's! I probably used them in school. Ha! I have one really good microscope that I received with a grant. It is a Motic BA310E. Very expensive, but awesome for viewing plankton!

Posted on March 27, 2023 in response to Leah

I LOVE THIS ;)

As a microbiologist I have students use iPads to take photos and videos down the microscope. We don’t have a template because different students, but things I do is 1) encourage them to calculate magnification at every opportunity 2) Crop the photos 3) Try recording videos - it’s really fun with pond water for example (see attached)

Anyhow, just saw it and wanted to give you a shout out. :)

Attachments

Posted on December 02, 2023 in response to Leah

Great exemple Leah. Does the original file have place holder for the images. I think that your 8th graders are lucky to have such a great project in your classroom

Question: Microscopy Journaling

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.