iPad apps for 6th and 7th grade math class

Question:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know the list of the best and useful iPad apps in order to design and deliver more engaging lessons for middle school math classes.My school has a card with 20 tablets for each grade level and I am really interested to incorporate them into my math classes.If anyone shares the list of the most useful apps and the objectives for them I would really appreciate your help.

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on August 27, 2022 in response to msoylemezo

Sharing a list of my favorite digital tools for mathematics, organized by topic. My preferences are based on opportunities for students to explore, interact, and discover mathematics using the digital tool.

Numbers file with topic, tool, image, and teaching tip.
My Favorite Digital Tools for Mathematics

Attachments

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

A really interesting question. If you are not aware of the ‘Mathematics Area’ in Teaching and Learning you could get a lot more focused visibility for your question there.

If you want to edit your question, go to ‘Topic Area’ and click/tap on ‘Change Area’ to select ‘Mathematics’ under Teaching and Learning.

Question marked as Helpful

Sharing a list of my favorite digital tools for mathematics, organized by topic. My preferences are based on opportunities for students to explore, interact, and discover mathematics using the digital tool.

Numbers file with topic, tool, image, and teaching tip.
My Favorite Digital Tools for Mathematics

Attachments

nice.

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to msoylemezo

What would you like your students to be doing on these devices? There are so many ways students can express understanding using that apps that they already have on their iPad.

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to msoylemezo

I really enjoy using Keynote during math. Keynote not only allows students to work out math steps by showing the process in a digital form but also allows visual tools such as color coding objects, and shapes or images to connect meaning. Take it a step further and have students record their process with audio. Take it another step and have students add animation to create tutorial videos of the process. When they can teach the concept that deeper understanding is met. Keynote can easily be exported as a movie file and shared among others.

Question: iPad apps for 6th and 7th grade math class

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.