Using Apple solutions for Physical Education and Health

Question:

How do you use Apple iOS or iPads or other devices in your HPE, health and physical education classes or your athletics, SEL, adapted activities? Sal Edwards

Posted on August 28, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

Apple Watches would be a neat addition.

Posted on August 29, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

I have used a basic Numbers spreadsheet for students to keep track of their activities. For example, we have to do the physical fitness testing for 7th graders in the late 3rd quarter. We start the activities (push-ups, sit-ups, stretches, mile time, heart rate, etc…) and keep track of that over the months so they can see their physical growth (or lack of growth). The iPad makes it convenient, because most activities it is possible to have the iPads nearby to record.

just one way we use.

Posted on September 19, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

For teamwork activities in PE we have created a Keynote slide. Students use their stopwatch on the iPad to time how long it took their group to complete the activity. Students take a photo of the final produce and use their voice to respond to 3 questions about the activity.

Attachments

Posted on October 06, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

I wonder if your question would get more visibility by posting it under Teaching & Learning rather than General Topics. Try it out. You may find more PE teachers there 🙂.

Posted on October 17, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

The mobility of iPad and its built-in multimedia and accessibility features make it a fantastic addition to Phys Ed classrooms!

Apple Teachers in Action might be a great place to begin. I really like Build Skills with Video, Lead a Nature Walk, and Create a Mood Tracking Journal to get students moving and focused on self-awareness and self-regulation.

The recent release from the Challenge for Change Learning Series, Help Shape a Healthier Society, offers a challenge-based learning approach to community wellness. The included resources could be a great way to incorporate real-world engagement in class, or even improve staff/campus wellness challenges!

Additionally, there are some Phys Ed and SEL posts in the Teaching and Learning section of the Forum. Hope you get a moment to check it out.

Posted on November 01, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

Hi Sal. I like to create teaching and learning resources through Pages (iBooks Author) which allows you to add critical content, insert multiple choice for formative assessment and promote independent learning. I'm really enjoying using Numbers as a way of pre-test and post-test data collection, reflection and evaluation processes and for planning to improving performances for aesthetic units. Keynote has also been a great tool for engaging students through magic move and interactive functionality. There are a range of apps for the iPad, it's just a matter of going through these and see what the School might add to their self service.

Posted on November 04, 2022 in response to TheHeadHeart

When I taught 5th grade physical education, we used iPads in stations for modeling stretching, yoga, basic movements. Students loved to watch the video, practice on camera, and then create their own videos. Simple use, but we loved using the iPads to see our improvement.

Question: Using Apple solutions for Physical Education and Health

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.