Ways to show staff they’re appreciated:

Question:

I know teacher appreciation isn’t officially until May…. But what are some fun ideas you do year round to show teachers they’re appreciated? Please share. We did a hot Cheetos and cheese surprise last week and staff loved it… we also had Fritos for those that don’t like hot Cheetos. Staff of 104 got a snack for under $50.

Posted on August 28, 2022 in response to ErikaTX

We often photo and video staff during professional learning workshops, like our Summer Institute. Then we make a quick iMovie Magic Movie (just with the still photos, short video clips and music - of course) and then send that out or display on large screen at the district office. Teachers appreciate that they were included in the movie and appreciate being “seen” and recognized for their good work.

Posted on August 30, 2022 in response to ErikaTX

This is a great idea! Sadly we don't have this in Australia, but sometimes I find the little things like covering staff duties, displaying staff achievements on the walls (like we do with students) and in assembly time.

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to ErikaTX

We actually got a fairly large grant with only one main purpose: teacher appreciation. We have a structured, but flexible, schedule for ways we are showing teacher appreciation. Some are merit based, others are simply appreciating the everyday nature of working in education.

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to ErikaTX

When I was a principal, I would offer to take their recess or lunch duty and that was always a much appreciated hit!

Another idea was to get our PTA involved in helping buy gift cards that we gave out the 1st Monday of the Month to a couple of the teachers (Starbucks, Etc.).

Question: Ways to show staff they’re appreciated:

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.