Keynote Live Video not working

Question:

For the life of me, I've never been able to get a Live Video to work on Keynote. When I open the file and start a non-live presentation, the webcam image comes up fine. But when I try to select Keynote Live and start the presentation, the video just comes up as a black screen. I tried different devices: iMac, M1pro MacBook, iPad, iPhone. I tried different Apple IDs. I tried apple support where they troubleshooted with me. They couldn't figure it out either.

Has anyone had this issue? Anyone got any ideas?

All I want to do is have a Live Video of my face available on each side while I give a virtual presentation. This way I wouldn't need to use any app aside from keynote.

Tagged in: Keynote, Video

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to DazSATC

Hi DazSATC,

Great question! Live Video objects in Keynote are not supported in Keynote Live presentations. I would recommend using your Live Video object presentations in a standard 'Play' mode within Keynote and then use a conferencing platform like WebEx or Zoom to broadcast your presentation for your audience.

If you'd like to request the support of Live Video using Keynote Live, feel free to provide feedback.

Thanks for participating in the Education Community Forum!

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to ChaseK-AppleEDU

Hi All,

While I have played with Live Video in Keynote and it worked well, up to this point I have used Zoom's interface which gives me more control over my image on camera. I teach sociology at UMaine and have found that Keynote shared via Zoom worked well for remote classes. I wish Live Video had a background feature like Zoom. A background of giant sequoias always makes meetings a bit more fun. One feature of LV is rather interesting and I will play with it more. The ability to embed live video on selected slides within a presentation could be useful. I use asynchronous presentations (nicer sounding than lectures) in some classes and record using Zoom and in this use case Live Video could work well.

Question: Keynote Live Video not working

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.