Curriculum surrounding the development of eBooks

Question:

Do any of you have curriculum snippets focusing on the development of eBooks in the classroom? I teach at the university level but I am interested in all grade levels... as I think this modality is omni-important... oh and fun to boot!

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to pfyoung

The book Creating Digital Books on Mac and iPad is just what you are looking for! I particularly think that chapters 6 (Adding navigation and links) and 7 (Designing for accessibility) are often overlooked aspects of publishing that are imperative for making digital content accessible for all audiences. Which lessons would be a good fit for your learners?

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to RonitS-AppleEDU

Brilliant... and thank you. But - and I could be reading hte material wrong - it does not really answer the question I posed. How do we move the curriculum/lesson plans from 5th grade to 6th grade... then onto middle school and then on to high school? Yes... yes... I know there is only so much that is in Pages... but I am talking about structure, non-linear vs. linear thinking, basic storytelling, and the use of graphics and pictures.

And I am not talking about whether a student should be using this graphic or that graphic... how is this [and other sub-eBook areas] introduced, etc?

OK... getting off my soap box. Pages [and previously iBooks Author] is a fantastic tool... that can aid lots of other subject areas through the K-12 continuum... and then of course transitioning into college.

Posted on September 02, 2022 in response to pfyoung

Are you looking for some type of scope and sequence in regards to Multitouch Book creation, and what that can look like for multiple grade levels?

Question: Curriculum surrounding the development of eBooks

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.