One book

Question:

If you had to recommend one book on coaching, what would it be?

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to stephen1729

I have been using the PIIC / TPIIC coaching model for 15 years. It is very similar to the Apple Coaching Model, albeit with different terminology.

Check out Instructional Coaching in Action. It details the aforementioned coaching model.

https://www.amazon.com/Instructional-Coaching-Action-Integrated-Transforms/dp/141662368X

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to Toonamike

Jim Knight's books are always popular. My issue with his model is that at times he recommends one-and-done and evaluative processes. Those are both bad ideas for instructional coaches.

Posted on September 02, 2022 in response to Toonamike

Thank you for your suggestions.

Posted on September 06, 2022 in response to stephen1729

I’d check out  

Basically, there are no resistant teachers—only teachers whose needs have not been met.

Posted on September 14, 2022 in response to stephen1729

Orbiting the Giant Hairball by Gordon MacKenzie offers guidance on how to stay creative, take risks, drive what matters, and stay level within organizations that have complex procedures and dynamics. It helps me stay above the "hairball" to be my most creative and helpful self. I recommend it for every learning coach and leader!

Posted on September 14, 2022 in response to stephen1729

I think the Jim Knight books are great. Hard to pick just one.

Question: One book

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.