IPad in math classroom

Question:

Grade 7-8 math teachers currently use Promethean Boards. As they 'die' I want to replace with a smart TV, Apple TV, and IPad so that teachers can annotate over worksheets, PDF, websites, etc...

Is this a good plan? Details?

Posted on September 10, 2022 in response to karen224

Interactive boards tend to support teacher-centered instruction so this switch is a great plan. You might also want to include Apple Pencils or the Logitech Crayons. Once this is implemented, I would recommend that your teachers leverage the Notes app. In addition to being able to change the work area to the look of a whiteboard, teachers can easily save finished Notes like an electronic portfolio, they can use the Scan Document feature built into the app, as well as using it in conjunction with the Screen Recording tool to create demonstrations to create blended and flipped instruction content. Good luck!

Posted on September 11, 2022 in response to karen224

We went this way at my school; we have completely removed smart boards now and we are 1:1 iPads. I find the flexibility so much better with using an iPad with the Apple TV as I'm not tethered to the front of the class, and it allows my students to share their learning just as easily. One app that is particularly useful when annotating or demonstrating a skill/formula, is Numbers. You just have to delete the table and it's an infinite whiteboard which you can share with students so it can be collaborative too.

Posted on September 23, 2022 in response to karen224

GREAT PLAN!!! We are a full apple district with promethean panels. My teachers were very mad when they took our Apple TVs away when our panels were upgraded. My math teachers are now considering buying their own apple tvs to plug into the panels now. The connection is better and particularly for math teaching from the iPad is a must.

Posted on September 25, 2022 in response to karen224

Great plan! I think I am all for it. Have you thought about writing a business case so your school can get oin board?

Posted on September 26, 2022 in response to karen224

My Middle School Math teachers use iPads for just this reason. We provide these teachers with an Office 365 account. With this account, the can easily upload a Big Ideas Math pdf to OneNote on which they can annotate on the iPad. They share the link to the OneNote file with the students who can bring up the edited notes on their Chromebooks. I encourage the teachers to pass the iPad around to the students to do the annotation. Working beautifully.

SMART Lumio is a great tool to write on pdf and share lessons.

Here is why I use the method you mention:

1. The TV is bright, you never have to turn off the lights.
  2. Having the iPad tools, lets me write on a PDF, blank white page, markup photos, open web page, use maps, etc...all at the touch of my finger.
  3. Ability to roam the room, and hand iPad to students to work out problems.
  4. Ability to Zoom on specific sections I am working on.
  5. Ability to screen record.

The list can go longer, but as you can see, this is my preferred method of sharing with students.

Question: IPad in math classroom

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.