Audio Placeholder?

Question:

I am trying to make a student choice board where an option will be for students to verbally explain what they learned. I would like to make a placeholder that students can click and it opens a recorder for them.

I swear I've seen it done but I cannot find how to do it. I can only see the media placeholder or text placeholder option. I have tried to do this in numbers, keynote, and pages.

Posted on September 18, 2022 in response to joannlg

I love this idea, I have two ideas.

In Keynote, Pages, and Numbers you can place a make a short silent recording and place it where you want it. When students tap the icon for the recording they could then tap edit from the pop up menu. The recording will open and they can start recording over the original.

What I have done instead of using the above approach is to create a circle icon with the speaker icon on it and place it where you want the recording. This indicates to the students that they should go to the + and select record audio. After you show this approach they will understand what is needed to be done. I just used this idea with Kindergarten students this past week and did handled it great.

Attachments

Question: Audio Placeholder?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.