IPad “Rules”

Question:

Hello everyone!

I am at the point of the year here in Australia where I a reviewing our iPad Rules in preparation for the start of the 2023 school year and I am curious for some feedback and to see if anyone is willing to share their school iPad Rules? When I search online I am finding a lot of “don’t” type rules.

Our Primary Campus is divided into Junior Primary and Senior Primary and so we also have two sets of iPad rules which aim to be a little more age specific and develop in complexity. These rules more or less are a representation of our Acceptable Usage Policy on the ground…where we are just really trying to avoid the worst that can happen…

I am finding the Senior rules to be “a lot” - but are still not coving all the issues that have arisen this year. In contrast the Junior Rules probably are not enough but I cannot think what’s missing.

Ideas and examples are appreciated!

Attachments

Attachments

Posted on October 08, 2022 in response to LauraB

This is something that really resonated with me at EduTech this year. Keynote by Richard Culatta on focusing on the do’s not the don’ts for Digital Citizenship. I think there is a lot of power in avoiding the word don’t.

I love the simplicity of the language in the iPad License books by Te Akua ki Papamoa School.

https://books.apple.com/au/book/the-ipad-license/id1440560110

Posted on October 13, 2022 in response to JulieP

Thanks Julie. Exactly why I am keen to avoid the “don’ts”.

Have you seen any one-pagers?

Posted on October 12, 2022 in response to LauraB

We have had the same cultural guidelines since before COVID and they still work well!

Attachments

Attachments

Posted on October 13, 2022 in response to kerryhawk02

Thanks for your reply Kerry. I like the visual nature of your guidelines.

The issue I am having is when something goes wrong, the question always seems to be “where is the rule saying that?”.

Question: IPad “Rules”

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.