Editing Google Sites on Safari (iPad Pro)

Question:

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone had experience editing Google Sites on an iPad using Safari. We are unable to move objects on our end here when using touch but it works when we use the trackpad a Magic Keyboard.

Not sure if this is a common issue or if we're doing it wrong. Hoping that someone out there is an awesome problem solver!

Posted on October 07, 2022 in response to varche

Yes that seems to be the case. I just tried it and I could only move objects/images if I was using the trackpad and Keyboard on the iPad Pro. I even had to use the trackpad/keyboard to get images to upload from my Photo Library. However once I uploaded an image I could change it out just using touch on the iPad.

I sent them a “Report a Problem” 😊

Posted on October 11, 2022 in response to cherylD

Thank you Cheryl! I appreciate you going in to check it. Glad I'm not the only one but also unfortunate that it is a problem. I'm going to guess that it's a problem based on Safari's coding for how it handles that feature rather than Google. Not sure if anybody has a Surface or Chromebook to test it out with the touchscreen.

Posted on October 11, 2022 in response to varche

I have the same issue on an iPad Air. I can resize with a finger, but not able to move objects. I wonder if a pencil makes a difference. Mine is currently at my other school.

Posted on October 16, 2022 in response to MrLosik

Using an Apple Pencil doesn’t make a difference unfortunately. I’m hoping to find out the root cause of the issue to be able to feedback to the right parties.

Posted on October 22, 2022 in response to varche

Are you using the app or safari? I've been told to not use the app.

Question: Editing Google Sites on Safari (iPad Pro)

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.