Apple Pencil Caps

Question:

Hello everyone,

We are 1:1 iPad and Apple Pencil on campus and I am finding that students are losing the protective cap off their 1st Gen Apple Pencils A LOT! I am wanting to keep the charging connections protected because once that part of the pencil is damaged, it is useless. I'm dealing with literally hundreds of pencils on site and am wanting to get a a stock of spare/ replacement caps. I have a lot of students needing a replacement cap right now. Genuine magnetic replacement caps seem to go about $10 each. I have found some silicon replacement caps that seems pretty good and seem to "stick" a lot better to the pencil, but was wondering what others are doing or if anyone has any recommended products?

With thanks,

Laura

Tagged in: Apple Pencil
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on October 18, 2022 in response to LauraB

I use silicone caps as replacements, the cheapest option I have found.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on October 17, 2022 in response to LauraB

Just for reference, this is what I currently have in mind:

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on October 18, 2022 in response to LauraB

I use silicone caps as replacements, the cheapest option I have found.

Posted on October 22, 2022 in response to LauraB

This is always a challenge. Is your school thinking long term of upgrading to iPads with the 2nd gen pencil? They may not want to, due to cost, however these things (like pencil caps) often add up!

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to jj_pj

No plans on upgrading the kids to iPad Pros and the 2nd Gen pencils. Our teachers have the 2nd Gen which is lucky! Students have a standard iPad and only the 1st Gen pencil is compatible - am I still right in thinking this?

Posted on October 26, 2022 in response to LauraB

If you have a 3D printer, you could print a ton of caps for almost nothing!

Question: Apple Pencil Caps

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.