Clips Art Project Ideas

Question:

I'm looking for ideas for projects kids could create for an art class (K-8) using the Clips app. Thanks in advance!

Tagged in: Arts
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on January 25, 2023 in response to JeffKresge

Hi Jeff - I like your photo mashup - great idea!

I’ve seen Clips used as a reflection and portfolio building tool. Learners take a photo of their art work, import into Clips and then add video talking about their art. They can use the features of Clips (arrows, circles, text) to point out certain features of their art and discuss their process.

They might use Clips to explain the color wheel in art or other art concepts by finding shapes, color etc around the room, adding those as videos or images to Clips and show what they know about art principles. Or how about a Clips portrait gallery where they take a portrait of several classmates, add to clips and talk about their process?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Posted on January 29, 2023 in response to JeffKresge

Love the idea of using CLIPS as a portfolio tool as Cheryl mentioned.

I did a recent session for early years and we looked at loose parts and digital tools (mark up, clips, animation). As I was reading your note to Rachel, could be cool to have them create a piece - snap a pic and then record a walk through of their artistic choices.

Here's a quick visual of our set up: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clv-3ivD5_W/?hl=en

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on January 23, 2023 in response to JeffKresge

Hi Jeff,

Is there any particular area within the art curriculum that you are hoping to showcase with these projects?

Rachel

Posted on January 24, 2023 in response to Rachel_APLS_TechPlayTeach

Not really, Rachel. I’m running an in-service where art teachers are each bringing in an idea to play with that day. As a tech guy and non-art instructor, I already created a photo-mashup idea in Keynote and was hoping to bring another fresh idea to the table.

For reference, here is my personalized photo mashup idea - https://youtu.be/p-Z1ZwlaoDo

Posted on January 25, 2023 in response to JeffKresge

Hi Jeff - I like your photo mashup - great idea!

I’ve seen Clips used as a reflection and portfolio building tool. Learners take a photo of their art work, import into Clips and then add video talking about their art. They can use the features of Clips (arrows, circles, text) to point out certain features of their art and discuss their process.

They might use Clips to explain the color wheel in art or other art concepts by finding shapes, color etc around the room, adding those as videos or images to Clips and show what they know about art principles. Or how about a Clips portrait gallery where they take a portrait of several classmates, add to clips and talk about their process?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Posted on January 26, 2023 in response to cherylD

I love this idea! Clips is a unique and easy tool for this and the use of arrows and shapes is a great addition. I might also try this in a Pages or Keynote with the guided questions next to place holders for media. Thanks for sharing!

Love the idea of using CLIPS as a portfolio tool as Cheryl mentioned.

I did a recent session for early years and we looked at loose parts and digital tools (mark up, clips, animation). As I was reading your note to Rachel, could be cool to have them create a piece - snap a pic and then record a walk through of their artistic choices.

Here's a quick visual of our set up: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clv-3ivD5_W/?hl=en

Posted on January 29, 2023 in response to tinaZ

Another super idea! Thanks for the video example!

Posted on February 06, 2023 in response to tinaZ

Tina, thank you for the response. Your video really helped to clarify things for me!

Similar to the idea Cheryl discussed below, I know Lindsay Fell (@lindsay1015) has had elementary art students use Clips to record processes, rather than just final products, in Clips. For example, I've seen her students record Clips videos during their pottery unit where they describe the steps in creating certain types of pottery. Their narration and demonstration is a great formative assessment as it provides a lot of information about their creative and technical process, even at a very young age.

Loving all the ideas in this thread!

Posted on February 06, 2023 in response to JessicaH-W

Thanks for the idea, Jessica. We talked a lot about how Clips can be used as the primary teaching tool, freeing teachers to be on the shoulders of the learners.

Posted on February 06, 2023 in response to JeffKresge

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! The in-service day was a great success. Here are the ideas that the teachers got to try out - some tech based, some tech assisted.

https://sites.google.com/jpsny.org/artin-serviceday/home

Question: Clips Art Project Ideas

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.