Flash Session PL - Brainstorming & Question Crowdsourcing

Question:

Hello All -

As an instructional coach and Apple Learning Coach, my goal is to provide opportunities for staff to explore Apple (tips & tools for MacBook and iPad). I am leaning into the idea of flash/micro sessions, learning lunches, or another opportunity for small bits of Professional Learning. Has anyone tried something similar? What might that look like? What does follow up coaching look like? How can an opportunity like this be leveled for different user experience? As I sit in the beginning phases of these thoughts, I would love any thoughts, wonders, or feedback from the community!

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on February 02, 2023 in response to khoralek_Sperreng

Some great ideas here! We have done lunch & learns and other micro sessions similar to what you're describing for our faculty. I think the key is to have very focused and actionable topics for these sessions and to build out community by engaging participants as presenters as well. This can help to draw new people into sessions and extend reach within your organization.

In January, we conducted back-to-school breakout sessions as 20-minute round tables, so that the learning was focused on conversation and sharing our practices around a few specific tech-enhanced pedagogical strategies. The sessions were well-attended, and I think a big contributor to that was the conversational style we chose. It honored the expertise of each attendee, and everyone left with a new idea to immediately implement in their teaching.

Looking forward to updates as you start implementing these sessions with your colleagues!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on February 02, 2023 in response to khoralek_Sperreng

Some great ideas here! We have done lunch & learns and other micro sessions similar to what you're describing for our faculty. I think the key is to have very focused and actionable topics for these sessions and to build out community by engaging participants as presenters as well. This can help to draw new people into sessions and extend reach within your organization.

In January, we conducted back-to-school breakout sessions as 20-minute round tables, so that the learning was focused on conversation and sharing our practices around a few specific tech-enhanced pedagogical strategies. The sessions were well-attended, and I think a big contributor to that was the conversational style we chose. It honored the expertise of each attendee, and everyone left with a new idea to immediately implement in their teaching.

Looking forward to updates as you start implementing these sessions with your colleagues!

Question: Flash Session PL - Brainstorming & Question Crowdsourcing

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.