Data on Coach Effectiveness

Question:

Everyone wants to collect data on everything. Programs, growth, efficiency, effectiveness. But how do you collect data on an investment you make? How do you show that your coaching partnerships and influence are taking root and making a difference? As a coach, my professional growth and effectiveness can be measured as I walk down the hall and look for the ripple effect of my influence. Where can I see the changed thinking of teachers in actions, where can I see big dreams and risks in play? That's the data I can collect to see if I'm meeting my professional goals - where's my ripple.

Posted on February 02, 2023 in response to coachinginthemiddle

There's certainly something to be said for the balance of both quantitative and qualitative data in telling the story of coaching effectiveness! Often, that "ripple" you describe is much more evident in the qualitative data -- the changes in practice that are observed over time and the follow-up conversations and reflections with faculty.

Question: Data on Coach Effectiveness

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.