airdrop

Question:

Our school management has disabled airdrop on all school iPads because of cyber bullying issue that occurred in a senior class. As a teacher, not having airdrop has impacted my lessons. Is there possibly a way to use it eg via a setting that requires a password? Or such like?

Posted on March 09, 2023 in response to teresa274

Unfortunately no if you have a managed service. This would be required to be whitelisted for you to be able to use again.

I understand your dismay but could you perhaps look at using other methods of sharing a resource with learners? Classroom, Teams, OneNote and Google Classroom all have alternatives.

Airdrop is a great feature and with iOS16 introducing the ‘Enable for 10 minutes’ option on devices it seems a bit harsh to be blanket banning it but child protection must come first. It does raise the question though, what happens when the email app is abused? Will that be locked down next?

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Question: airdrop

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.