#AppleEDULeaderChat 3/16 How are you supporting global service learning in your school?

Question:

Join me and Lottie Dowling (@LottieDowlingNZ) on Thursday, 3/16 6-6:30 pm PT for this week's #AppleEDULeaderchat on Twitter.

It will be a tweet-up with #Globaledchat - so be prepared to be inspired by fellow educators around the world! Join us to learn and share ideas and resources for providing students with rich service learning experiences.

Share your thoughts here and join us this Thursday night on Twitter using the hashtags: #AppleEDULeaderChat and #Globaledchat

Tagged in: Service Learning

Posted on March 15, 2023 in response to Singmaster

Questions for the live chat!

I love to travel and experience other cultures (especially music and food)! I have been fortunate that my musical career in teaching and performing has taken me to most countries in Western Europe, Ecuador, and Chile. (I even studied Spanish for several semesters to be able to connect with international partners.) I am a music professor at a small liberal arts college in a rural area and strive to connect our students to students and professors from other cultures. Many of the students in our area have never traveled abroad, some have not traveled out of state.

I find that it is my self-imposed duty to bring the cultures of the world to our students in hopes that they might be inspired to travel and experience what the world has to offer. Many of our sister institutions do not have music programs which has made it challenging to find the perfect connection.

If anyone would like to connect and see what bridges we might build through music and the arts, I would love to initiate a conversation.

I could imagine international collaboration on projects that include Keynote presentations, GarageBand compositions, FaceTime conversations, and Freeform brainstorming. Anyone interested in becoming an international partner with us?

Posted on March 15, 2023 in response to DSorah

Donald,

You should definitely connect with the #GlobalEdChat community on Twitter. It's a great place to expand your global professional learning network.

I also run a global education community called Actionable Innovations Global and we're producing some online events this year including a conference in November.

Posted on March 16, 2023 in response to DSorah

Hi Donald,

Thanks for posting! We keep a list of organizations that can help you find partners abroad here: https://digitalpromise.org/initiative/global-education/technology-tools-for-global-education/

We have also created a free PD module to help you get started: https://www.ctelearn.org/cte-lessons/career-readiness:-stem-cte/CT108/enhancing-instruction-through-global-collaborative-projects

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Posted on March 17, 2023 in response to Singmaster

Thank you for sharing these resources. I just completed the module and have developed a better understanding of the process and some challenges we might face when the opportunity arises to collaborate.

Excited about tomorrow's chat and I hope everyone will search for the hashtag #globaledchat and #AppleLeaderEDUchat on Twitter to follow the discussion.

Here is a collection of service learning resources I've curated in Wakelet: https://wakelet.com/wake/dd319f1c-e6a4-4e9b-903d-7e79da4f7ffb. I'll be adding to it as I learn about other initiatives during our chat!

Question: #AppleEDULeaderChat 3/16 How are you supporting global service learning in your school?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.