Twitter: Feeling a sense of loss

Question:

Since 2008 I have been part of the amazing community called Twitter. It was the place that made me aware of ADEs and who they were, it was the first place I would turn to for advice, it was the place I would go if I was feeling a but down, all because I knew people there, like many of you. My community. In the recent months this has started to drop. People are not posting as often, I can't find things I am looking for and I am feeling a sense of loss.

I know this is all after Elon took over, but besides being himself the platform has not really changed that much, it is just that we are not visiting and posting as much as in the past.

Is there somewhere else where people are hanging out? Is that sort of communication just a thing of the past? How can i connect?

Posted on March 19, 2023 in response to Shawn_ADE

Hi Shawn, good question, one that we all probably have been thinking about. For me, I started using Linked in more and some are using Instagram or other start-up platforms. Others have stayed with Twitter. It will be interesting to see how this all shifts, if it does.

As this Community continues to grow and the Forum moves from beta, I believe it will be even a more dynamic place to continue to share ideas, lessons and tech infused content among connected educators. Once notifications is added that will make it so easy to carry on conversations. Of course this is for educators interested in sharing about Apple in education, but if that is what you want to share about, this will be a good Community to converse in. I’m finding more ideas in this Community, that are my focus, than I did via Twitter.

Posted on March 20, 2023 in response to Shawn_ADE

Honestly I think it all feeds into the fact that we are all in survival mode after a couple of years of remote learning. It's not just twitter but interest in web events in general have declined. I am sure it will come back again but for now a lot are focusing on their jobs and getting through the day to day

Posted on March 28, 2023 in response to MirCWalsh

Agreed! After two years of just trying to get by I know a lot of folks are still operating in that same mode. I'm hopeful for this Apple Education Community to gain popularity.

Posted on March 24, 2023 in response to Shawn_ADE

Hi Shawn,

An alternative to Twitter is Mastodon. It had a reputation as being more technical to setup, the community though is not as polarized I would say. With the current Twitter “situation” many of the app developers have revamped their apps to make it much easier to get started. There are a few Apple Teachers, Apple Learning Coaches and ADEs on there currently. One nice this about it is that you can select the server you want to use or even have your own, like I do, If you have any questions about let me know. I’m @maestroJeremyF@social.hifriends.info if you join in.

Posted on March 31, 2023 in response to Shawn_ADE

I agree with this, I have personally stopped using the app as much as the algorithm seems to think I’m interested in politics and disgruntled educators. I have found it’s not only the ADE community that evades me but also the art teacher community.

Question: Twitter: Feeling a sense of loss

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.