Create a post from the types below.
Creating Mindful Minutes For Your Students
Providing our students with mindful moments throughout the school day can support them to reflect, reset and re-focus. The video below showcases a creative project that combines drawing with the movie making app Clips. This quick and easy activity makes a mindful minute come alive through a combination of screen recorded drawing, animated stickers and music.
To create your own Mindful Minute movie:
- Use the Drawing tools, Symmetry tool and Fill tool in Tayasui Sketches School to create a mindful minute drawing
- Capture the drawing process with the Screen Recording tool in Tayasui Sketches School
- Start a new Clips project and add the screen recording
- Use the Split tool to create sections and add different stickers to each part
- Select music, then upload the video to your camera roll.
Below is a video of the whole mindful minute project.
30 Creative Activities for Well-Being
Inspired by Apple's 30 Creative Activities, these 30 Creative Activities for Well-Being can be used to create a plethora of mindful minutes with your students. Utilising native iPad apps such as Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Clips and GarageBand, themes explored include kindness, gratitude and mindfulness. Check out the 30 Creative Activities for Well-Being Forum Post to download a PDF of the One Pager and Cards. Thanks to Julie Parker for developing and sharing this resource.
I’d love to hear ways you are utilising the functionality of iPad to create mindful minutes in your classroom. Please add any ideas in the comments.
You might also like