Create a post from the types below.
Challenge: Solve a community problem through app design
Calling young change makers: Harness your creativity and tech-savvy skills to design apps that tackle real community challenges – your ideas have the power to make a lasting impact and shape a better future for us all. Embrace the opportunity to be the architects of positive change through innovation and teamwork; let your apps be the solutions that transform the world around you!
Big Idea: Community and Coding
Essential Question: How can you use app design to solve challenges in your community?
Challenge: Solve a community problem through app design.
- What issues currently exist for people in your community? Where is there an opportunity for an app to help?
- What activities would users of your app wish to do?
- What apps currently exist that are similar to your idea? How might you improve upon existing functionality?
- How will this app be welcoming to a wide variety of users?
- Where could you go to get additional support from others in your community?
Guiding Activities and Resources:
- Design a simple app from Everyone Can Code Projects
- Lead an App Showcase - guide and additional app design journal options
- Inclusive App Design Activity and additional Everyone Can Code resources
- Download the attached Challenge Organizer to implement this Challenge with your community of learners. Make sure to visit Challenge Based Learning to learn more and download additional resources.
There are no replies.