Influence Creation

Question:

What is your most successful tactic for influencing teachers to buy into implementing Keynote and Pages as a powerful creation tool?

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on February 21, 2023 in response to stepheny

The fact that teachers and students can write/annotate directly on Keynote and Pages is a huge selling point for my teachers. If they use other applications - they are not able to have this functionality.

My go to response in trying to encourage others to adapt these apps is to showcase the beautiful and creative work that can be done with them. Showcase materials created for students (worksheets/presentations/etc.) and the creative work done by students. Approaching from both angles can be a powerful tool for persuasion.

Thanks for posing this question. I'm following this to learn from everyone's responses.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

My go to response in trying to encourage others to adapt these apps is to showcase the beautiful and creative work that can be done with them. Showcase materials created for students (worksheets/presentations/etc.) and the creative work done by students. Approaching from both angles can be a powerful tool for persuasion.

Thanks for posing this question. I'm following this to learn from everyone's responses.

The fact that teachers and students can write/annotate directly on Keynote and Pages is a huge selling point for my teachers. If they use other applications - they are not able to have this functionality.

Posted on February 23, 2023 in response to stepheny

Great question-I’m interested to see what others suggest. For me, the animation in keynote draws learners in and makes it more professional looking. I would encourage teachers to get comfortable with some basic animation skills and see how learners respond.

Posted on February 26, 2023 in response to stepheny

Jamie Clark & Lou Cimetta have published a series of books on implementing Pages and Keynote as powerful and practical creation tools. I love sharing these books with teachers! The books are relatively short and provide lesson ideas with step-by-step instructions, examples, and a "Why Do It?" section for each activity/lesson. Teachers could choose one activity from the book that intrigues them and then build from there.

Teaching with iPad: Pages Practical Pedagogy

Teaching with iPad: Keynote Practical Pedagogy

More Teaching with iPad: Pages Practical Pedagogy

More Teaching with iPad: Keynote Practical Pedagogy

Posted on March 13, 2023 in response to JessicaH-W

Thank you so much!!

Posted on March 13, 2023 in response to stepheny

With Keynote and Pages, students can use various forms of media. For example, a student can demonstrate learning with photos, videos, or audio. These features remove barriers for students.

Question: Influence Creation

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.