Freeform App

Question:

I co-taught a lesson with a technophobic teacher and had the students complete a creative project using the Freeform App. We had students embed video clips in this infinite canvas and the end product turned out well. However, I am having problems when students attempt to turn it in and share their canvas. One problem that keeps coming up is that when you attempt to share the file ...it says the document hasn't synced yet, please wait before attempting to share.

I can save the file as a .pdf but then the videos are not embedded.

The teacher would like the ability to turn this completed file into Google Classroom.

Has anyone used Freeform with their teachers /students and ran into similar issues or have solutions to offer me?

Thank you in advance for any guidance or suggestions.

Troy

Posted on March 14, 2023 in response to elementarycomputerscience

I just came across this today when leading a PD with my teachers on Freeform.

First, we had to make sure they had iCloud syncing turned on (which they did). We restarted and hard restarted the devices which did not work. Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed it, though. The work was saved still.

Question: Freeform App

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.