Technology for preschooler

Question:

I would like to improve technology in my classroom using the basic website design for preschooler like IXL, seesaw, abcya. Students will be more motivated with animation learning programs.That will be more beneficial for preschooler. I think using those app for little ones will be time consuming for teachers.

Posted on June 28, 2023 in response to marlene224

Hi there, if you are looking for some new ways of bringing technology into the Early Years, I highly recommend looking at Marc Faulder's website https://enabling-environments.co.uk/ which has a lot of wonderful ideas. I also recently ran a series of 5 workshops for the ACS Apple Regional Training Centre all about the 5 creative elements for iPad and how to tap into EYFS framework through student creativity. You can view the recordings of these workshops and access the resources I shared below:

Early Years Can Create Workshops

I think the key thing is to think about what you want the students to achieve when using technology, and what capacity you and your teachers have to create your own original resources that are customised to what your students are learning about. We should be looking to move beyond young students using technology to "consume" and rather engage their brains to actively "create".

Using iPad microscopes to explore

Using tools like Freeform on iPad and Keynote, teachers can make simple resources that can be accessed over and over by students throughout the year. Below are some of my sample Freeform boards made for little learners.

Animals of the World 

Ocean Sounds

Question: Technology for preschooler

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.