How can we leverage digital tools to cultivate curiosity, creativity and community and build a culture of innovation within our schools?

Hello! And…Help!

Very soon a colleague and I are presenting the title question for workshopping at a local conference. We are hoping to get ideas that will help guide our next steps in our journey towards innovation.

We also want those who come along to walk away inspired, satisfied or with at least a one best thing :) so we are popping this post up in hope of getting some feedback. If you were to attend a workshop that promoted the exploration of this question what would you be hoping to learn?

3 replies

July 23, 2023

Wonderful title Sarah!

I’d want to know what framework would work for multiple disciplines and how I could connect that to my content area. You might focus on Challenge Based Learning CBL for a way to get learners to “Engage, Investigate and Act” and the digital tools that learners can use to support those three phases. It’s such a super inquiry method and can be augmented so nicely with digital tools. What I think is so important about this framework is that it encourages questioning and student voice which are part of engagement and also connects community involvement on the part of students. It can also be a real catalyst for digital creation that students can use across content areas (and grade levels)

There are some example activities in Challenge for Change in the Learning Center. And also if you search CBL in the Community there are some good examples from teachers.

#CBL #challengebasedlearning

July 23, 2023

Hi Sarah

We have our Open Day coming up and have somewhat similar parameters. We got some terminology from Apple for use with presentations such as ours. They are Technology Amplifies, Technology Scaffolds, Technology Engages & Technology Connects. This helped with our planning as we tailored different sessions towards these terms. We wanted to make sure that beginners walked away with useful skills and resources that they can use straight away as well as putting something flashy and innovative in there too to show off what can be done.

Happy to go through more specifics with you if you like.

July 27, 2023

Hi Sarah! This is a really interesting topic. I think if I were to attend a session with this title I would want to walk away with some innovative ideas that I can take back to my school and easily share with my fellow teachers 👩‍🏫. It would also be great to have some resource that I could use as well.

I think 🤔 @cheryl has a great idea with the CBL frameworks.

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.