Creating artwork on the iPad without an Apple Pencil?

Question:

Hello! I’ve experimented a lot with ways to draw on the iPad without Apple Pencils as my students do not have access to them due to the sheer number of kids we have at our school. The results are much like fingerpainting in kindergarten, which wouldn’t be so bad if my kids weren’t all middle and high schoolers.

Do any of you have more ideas for tools that could help smooth the creative process on the iPad without having a pencil? Things that would help allow them to do more complex pieces?

Posted on August 03, 2023 in response to missgriffin

Hello Miss Griffin,

We have used lots of creativity with Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc. with high schoolers on iPad without pencil. There are quite a few examples from teachers in this Forum.

Animations in Keynote are so much fun and can show the functionality of processes. Graph and chart creation in Numbers and Image Galleries in Pages are super to supplement and provide visuals for the writing process. Have you tried some of these tools on the iPad?

Question: Creating artwork on the iPad without an Apple Pencil?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.