Proposal to Build a Technology Integration Coach at my school

Question:

I am an Apple Certified Learning Coach. I am writing a proposal for building a position at my school for a Technology Integration Coach at my school. Have any of you had experience writing a proposal like this? If you have, would you be willing to share your proposal and any success or struggles you had in the process?

Thank you in advance!

Dr. Angela

Posted on November 17, 2023 in response to angela195

Hi,

In England, the Department for Education have published advice on 'Lead Practitioner' roles in schools:

It explains that lead practitioners should take a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice in their workplace that contribute to school improvement. This might include:

• Coaching, mentoring and induction of teachers, including trainees and NQTs
  • Disseminating materials and advising on practice, research and CPD provision
  • Assessment and impact evaluation, including through demonstration lessons and classroom observation
  • Supporting the school or groups of schools in provision of high-quality schemes of work to reduce workload
  • Helping teachers who are experiencing difficulties

This might be a good start to structuring a job description and responsibilities for a role as a Technology Integration Coach. I am a Lead Practitioner for Computing for 14 schools and happy to chat more about what my role looks like.

Posted on December 04, 2023 in response to angela195

Hi,

I have been involved in expanding and redefining similar roles, as well as defining new structures around a role like this. I would approach it like this:

• What needs and challenges exist that this role will address/support? How does this align to building or district goals and initiatives - (think both long term and short term)?
  • Job description & evaluation rubric - what will be expected and how will that be measured? Also - what prerequisites exist and how will any gaps be addressed? Is there a similiar existing role that could be adapted? Why/why not?
  • What support structures are in place for the new role? How do they fit into existing structures?
  • Be honest about challenges to bringing in a new role - how will those be addressed or mitigated?

Hope that helps!

Question: Proposal to Build a Technology Integration Coach at my school

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.