Utilizing iMovie in learning

I have learned to utilize iMovie when working with my students. Usually, Flip Grid would be the way to go to provide a short and concise "trailer" of what students are working on, but iMovie allows the users to provide an opportunity to utilize creative freedom in their classes.

With that said, how would you incorporate your subject into iMovie?

2 replies

November 14, 2023

iMovie is SO fun! I taught U.S. history - utilizing iMovie to make "documentaries" or even "trailers" for historical events and eras can be so engaging, especially when using the storyboard templates in iMovie. I love the idea of having students create and then post to Flip to turn their work into a gallery for everyone to view.

November 30, 2023

In a word, it is about one thing: Storytelling.

Whether that is a personal story or journey, or explaining a concept or something they have learned or are passionate about, video creation is such a power of il and personal way for students to show what they know.

My students use iMovie in both my Music and Geography classes to show what they have learned in a more visual and creative way.

Just picking up on word from your post — trailer. You should check out the trailers templates in iMovie. They provide a great preset template for students to tell their learning story in a chosen movie trailer style.

Also, I’d suggest also checking out Clips. It’s perfect for use in the classroom and suits short-form video content. And, the stickers and posters are both super helpful and great fun!

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.