Apple IDs for managed iPads

Question:

Hi All,

We have trolleys of managed iPads (Jamf) for students to use.

I Want students to be able to collaborate on documents using Pages and Keynote but cannot find a way for them to share their document with other devices that are managed. To my knowledge, the device says that files can only be collaborated with others who have an Apple ID.

How can I have students collaborate without an Apple ID in managed devices?

Thanks

Posted on December 11, 2023 in response to MrWendt

Collaboration in iWork (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) is done through Apple IDs, similar to collaborating in other platforms (Google, Microsoft). In our district, we enable this through Managed Apple IDs (Apple IDs that are owned by our organization). You can do this in a 1:1 iPad environment and a shared iPad environment - we do both. Happy to discuss the Managed ID process and both of the use cases previously mentioned if you're interested!

Posted on December 13, 2023 in response to MrWendt

Hi there,

One way you might be able to work with this setup is by using Shared iPad. This allows a shared group of devices to require people to sign in with Managed Apple IDs to the device based on the information in Apple School Manager. Are you using Managed Apple IDs at all in your organization?

Randy

Question: Apple IDs for managed iPads

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.