students showing "offline" in apple classroom

Question:

When I use Apple Classroom on my staff iPad, students show up perfectly and I can see everything I need. However, when I use Apple Classroom on my Mac the students show up as "offline." I've tried connecting, but that shows "ringing students" and then eventually says all my students failed to connect. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Tagged in: Classroom, Mac

Posted on April 09, 2024 in response to jordan102

Not sure if this will work, but it helped with some of my Classroom issues last year...

1. Have students sign out of iCloud in their settings.
  2. Restart the iPad.
  3. Check if they are still signed out. If they happened to be signed back in automatically, you need to repeat the first two steps.
  4. If they are still signed out, sign them back in.

Not sure why it worked, but this worked to get my students to connect to my app last year. And of course, always check that everything is updated, apps and iOS.

Good luck!

Posted on April 11, 2024 in response to jordan102

I have had that problem as well and am not sure what is causing it. But what I find usually works is I end the class and make sure I end it on my iPad as well. Then open it back up on the Mac and that usually takes care of the issues for me.

But it is a could idea to go through Eileen's steps as well.

Question: students showing "offline" in apple classroom

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.