Non-profit teen center

I'm helping setup a Non-profit teen center in the a remote area of Alaska and would like to have multiple users on each of the ten iPads purchased, is the Education manager the way to do that or is there something else that may fit better?

2 replies

June 12, 2024

Hello Lester,

Yes, it sounds as if the Shared iPad deployment model would be a good fit for this teen center.

If you want each student to have an individualized experience, you'll need Apple School Manager to create the Managed Apple Accounts. You can also assign the devices to your MDM solution which will provision the Shared iPad enrollment profile.

A good place to start is the Deployment and Management tutorial Supporting Shared iPad. Let us know if you have any more questions.

July 11, 2024

I would suggest shared iPad deployment. You will need to set up Apple School Manager which requires the teen centre to be registered as a school/education organisation. You will also need an MDM such as JAMF School.

If they are not and it is not possible to do so you can try Apple Business Manager but that will require two factor for the students to login (phone access)

It is a little bit of effort but it does mean you can have up to 10 users per iPad so potentially 100+ students with their own iPad interface and no chances of missing apps, photos etc.

I posted this guide previously

https://education.apple.com/resource/250010106

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.