Choose content type
Create a post from the types below.
Setting Students up for Success
I was recently working closely with an Elementary Librarian that was looking to find an activity for that first week of school that could help get students set up for success. We started by brainstorming a few of the iPad features that could harness productivity.
We came up with the following ideas:
- Using Voice Memos to record thoughts quickly
- Reader View in Safari to minimize distractions
- Setting timers to manage work time
- Making use of scheduled/location reminders with the Reminders app
- Creating a Focus for school to minimize distractions
- Using Background sounds to maintain concentration
- Multitasking with Split Screen
- Use Live Text to support literacy and translation
- Speak Screen and Speak Selection
- Customized Home Screen with Widgets
We decided to put this information in a Playground format, where each station would have a card with instructions on how to use a productivity feature on the iPad. This arrangement allows the students to roam from station to station while the instructor supports where needed. We also thought this would be a great way to share these features with classroom teachers, with the option of focusing on a productivity tip each day in the first two weeks of school.
Insert a video
Supported file types: .mov, .mp4, .mpeg. File size: up to 400MB.
Add a still image to display before your video is played. Image dimensions: 1280x720 pixels. File size: up to 5MB.
Insert an image
Insert an image
Add an image up to 5MB. Supported file types: .gif, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .jpeg, .pjpeg.
Add details about your image to make it more accessible.
This action can’t be undone.
Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.
Sorry, Something went wrong, please try again