Apple Maps Guide for Native American History by the National Parks Foundation
For U.S. Indigenous People’s Day (Oct 10 in 2022) or for Native American History Month (November) one geographic resource you might point your students towards is the Apple Maps Guide by the National Park Foundation, National Parks that Honor Native American Heritage.
I’ve found several guides in Apple Maps that point to location as well as summarize the history of a place and person that has significance in American history. These virtual trips are good start up journeys to understanding some of the importance of this history.
In addition learners can investigate and discover their own geographic stories as they study Native American history and add Guides to their own personal Apple Maps.
- Explore new places with Guides in Maps on iPad - Apple Support
- Organize places in My Guides in Maps on iPad - Apple Support
- Apple Maps Guides - The Smithsonian
- American Indian Woman Making History
- Profiles in Native American Leadership
- About This Place - History + Apple Maps Place Cards - Apple Education Community
Please add additional resources and share ways your learners connect with Native American History.
Insert a video
Insert an image
Insert an image
This action can’t be undone.
Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.
Sorry, Something went wrong, please try again
Posted on October 09, 2022
This is such a great resource! I must admit I often forget to look at Apple maps, so this is a timely reminder.