Swift Playground

Question:

I am wanting to use Playgrounds with all my students 150+ who will share a class set of 35 iPads. Do we need to establish Apple IDs?

Posted on August 29, 2022 in response to Carbonicm

As far as I am aware, Swift Playgrounds doesn't require individual Apple IDs, unless you wanted to upload them to the App Store (which would require a developer account anyway). If the devices are being shared, you would just have the issue of students' playgrounds being saved locally on the devices.

I imagine it's out of your hands, but Apple's Shared iPad might be of interest?

Posted on September 06, 2022 in response to Carbonicm

A cart of iPads can work well without Apple IDs. Have students always use the same iPad. Playgrounds can be downloaded multiple times. So an iPad might have "Get Started with Apps, Robert" and "Get Started with Apps, Jane" - or perhaps just use student numbers. It makes it easy to personalize and have their own journey through each Playground.

Question: Swift Playground

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.