ASM question

Question:

I am not an expert in Apple School Manager...

I am trying to go in and clean up data, our data does not automatically sync from our SIS (we have too much bad data). So all user accounts are added manually.

The question I have, is that we assigned grade levels to each student in ASM, is there a way to promote a group to the next grade level, rather than doing it one by one?

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Hi Brian,

SIS data curation is definitely a good idea and makes this process automatic as part of the overall student/class progression, however, unless you can get the data cleaned up, I understand the ask.

Unfortunately, at this point, the optional fields like grade level cannot be edited in bulk. I would recommend that you submit feedback using Feedback app (logged in with a MAID from your organization) in order to ensure that our product teams have visibility to this as a future feature request. (Note you can launch FBA via applefeedback:// from Safari.)

Thanks for your participation in the EDU Community Forum!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 01, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Hi Brian,

SIS data curation is definitely a good idea and makes this process automatic as part of the overall student/class progression, however, unless you can get the data cleaned up, I understand the ask.

Unfortunately, at this point, the optional fields like grade level cannot be edited in bulk. I would recommend that you submit feedback using Feedback app (logged in with a MAID from your organization) in order to ensure that our product teams have visibility to this as a future feature request. (Note you can launch FBA via applefeedback:// from Safari.)

Thanks for your participation in the EDU Community Forum!

Posted on September 03, 2022 in response to ChaseK-AppleEDU

Thank you.

I have a friend in another district that is able to sync with their SIS and it is wonderful. He worked with me for a few weeks trying to get ours worked out. My hope is our district moves to a new SIS in the near future and we get to clean up that data before it moves over.

I will send it in as a feature request.

Posted on September 04, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Hey Brian

go to preferences navigate to directory sync

under sftp>>edit>>download

edit the csv files for your students (you can create macros to automate)

resync

Posted on September 23, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Woof. You might consider SFTP uploads. Our school has done SIS integration (syncing daily) and more recently SFTP uploads (manual upload at the start of each semester or year).

I agree with you that a bulk edit would be great. Or a promotion tool for year end.

Posted on September 24, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Have you tried setting up the SFTP import on ASM? (See https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-school-manager/axm26e20e320/web)

It is a bit of a faff to set up the 6 different spreadsheets, but it does allow you to add all of the supplementary information like grades, classes etc. Once it's all working fine, that's definitely much quicker than editing lots of accounts in bulk using the website.

Tim

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to bwphillips70

Unfortunately this maybe doesn't help if you've already added it, but we enter the student's anticipated graduation year for the grade value - which for the vast majority of students doesn't change year-to-year.

Question: ASM question

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.