Discover Apple Accessibility Support

Question:

There are several ways to get support if you have an Accessibility related question or need help. There’s a support web site, phone numbers and even the option to shop or as questions using sign language. 

While it's hard to choose just one Accessibility feature that's my favorite, I have always been a huge fan of Reader View in Safari. I love the distraction free reading it gives students and really anyone who doesn't want to see all of the extraneous stuff around the content you need to focus on. Plus, once Reader View is enabled, you can change the font, size, and background color too!

What's your favorite Accessibility feature that helps you or your students? 

Link to Resource: Accessibility Support

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to KyleP-AppleEDU

I love Reader View. Specifically, I love that you can markup the page and turn it into a PDF afterwards.

My favorite will always be dictation. I have struggled with spelling my entire life so I can easily empathize with student frustration with writing. Dictation helps my students get their thoughts onto paper while removing the barrier of typing and spelling.

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to Holly_ADE

Hi Holly! Thanks so much for commenting! Yes, marking up the Reader View is also so great. I love your example about dictation; so much value giving students the ability to use their voice to write and then use Speak Selection to hear their writing spoken back to them.

Question: Discover Apple Accessibility Support

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.