Swift Playground File Location

Question:

I am wanting to create a Shortcut for my students that are using iPads in cart-based set up. I currently have one built that will build grade-level folders, then place a specific file in each folder. I would like to do the same for Swift Playgrounds as well, specifically, the Learn to Code 1 book. I cannot find where these are stored on the iPad to call it in the Shortcut. I am using the Move File option in Shortcuts to get the file from Files, make a copy, and then move the file. The end result of the Shortcut would be for the student to push a Home page button for the Shortcut to run, ask the student’s name, and then rename the Learn to Code 1 with the student’s name, and then drop it in Swift Playgrounds and/or the Files app correct grade-level folder.

The iPads are not able to be set to shared iPad format, as they are used in multiple domains.

Thank you for any ideas or thoughts you might have on where these files are stored.

Tagged in: Swift Playgrounds

Posted on September 15, 2022 in response to Patrick_R3id28

Hi Patrickr3id28 - Swift Playgrounds is such a great way to introduce learning to code!

To answer your question, those files are located at <iCloud folder>/Playgrounds

For example, e.g. <iCloud folder>/Playgrounds/Learn to Code 1.playgroundbook

However - one quick note - the files/folder are not in place until you download the app the first time, but once you've done that, you can count on the files to be there and can work with them in Shortcuts.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your dedicated Apple EDU Systems Engineer - You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team.

Thanks!

Posted on September 15, 2022 in response to ChaseK-AppleEDU

Thanks, Chase, for replying,

Follow up question. If the iPads are not signed into iCloud, it appears that the iCloud folder is not available. Is there another way to find these? I can also reach out to the Apple EDU support for these details as well.

Thanks, again,

Patrick Reid

Question: Swift Playground File Location

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.